[openbiblio-dev] Data at bibliographica--two small issues

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Thu Nov 25 13:34:26 UTC 2010

Hi Antoine,

* [2010-11-25 13:54:52 +0100] Antoine Isaac <aisaac at few.vu.nl> écrit:
]
] - a foaf:isPrimaryTopicCo property is being used. I guess it should be
] foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf.

Yes, this is a known issue mentioned in the errata [0] and will be
fixed soon. Hopefully anything using these statements will infer the
proper one from the foaf:primaryTopic inverse which is also there.

] - I find the use of skos:notation a bit weird in triples like
] _:b1982145 <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#notation> "Lindsay, Jack,
] 1900-1990." .
] This looks like a real name (and has been appropriately represented as
] foaf:name). If you want to use SKOS (which is always a good idea :-) )
] skos:prefLabel would probably be better.

My reasoning for this was that these strings are in some way the
canonical ones that appear in the authority database of the BL so are
more key-like than labels. Does this make sense?

It wouldn't be impossible to also have these as skos:prefLabel but I
guess we should pay some attention to the number of triples as the
dataset is already very big...

Cheers,
-w

[0] http://eris.okfn.org/ww/2010/11/bl (bottom section)