[openbiblio-dev] future development and names of things

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Aug 25 13:52:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>> * bibliographica.org or bibsoup.net?
>
> I'm +1 for bibliographica.org :-)
>
> @Jonathan: as the original progenitor of bibliographica.org do you have a view?

For what its worth I'd really like to use the Bibliographica name and
domain for an open source web service that enables you to make, share,
import and export lists of publications, as per my original blog post
on this at: http://jonathangray.org/2010/01/22/bibliographica/

I know bibliographica.org subsequently became a service to expose
bibliographic data (mainly in RDF, mainly from the British Library),
but I really wanted to use this name for a user facing service that
enabled people to use bibliographic metadata to help them do useful
things like maintain a list of references for a book, create a reading
list for undergraduate students, maintain a comprehensive bibliography
of works on topic X or author Y, etc. I'd happily spend some time
being a demanding user for this, and would gladly give input on things
like a simple, intuitive user interface.

Just my $0.02 - not sure how this fits with existing plans!

Very excited to see recent activity around this. :-)

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation