[openbiblio-dev] Huge bibliography in search for a new system

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Feb 22 18:58:56 UTC 2011

cc'ing openbiblio-dev

On 22 February 2011 16:26, Adrian Pohl <adrian.pohl at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Adrian.

> thanks for your answer Jonathan. Rufus and William, as we will have a
> phone call with the hispanics professor on thursday I would be really
> happy to know some more details about the development status of
> bibliographica.
>
> The most important questions I am interested in are:
>
> * Is bibliographica already (or in a few months) in a state that it
> can be used for such a project?

It is practically all there! The collection system is now finished and ready
to deploy.

<
https://bitbucket.org/okfn/openbiblio/issue/31/integrate-collection-reading-list-feature

> * Would there be much developing effort in the described project?

No, creating dedicated 'reading lists / bibliographies' is exactly what the
collection system is for.

> * Where can I download the source code of bibliographica?

https://bitbucket.org/okfn/openbiblio<https://bitbucket.org/okfn/openbiblio/issue/31/integrate-collection-reading-list-feature>

Please read the detailed INSTALL.txt

> * Is it possible to create a SKOS classification for a particular
> bibliography within bibliographica? (Otherwise it would be no problem
> to do that seperately...)

We're working to allow easy tagging:

<
https://bitbucket.org/okfn/openbiblio/issue/23/tagging-api-for-entry-and-entity

Now that we've done AJAX-y collection stuff doing tagging should be pretty
easy.

Rufus