[openbiblio-dev] zotero / csl / mendeley JSON schema

Mark MacGillivray mark.macgillivray at okfn.org
Thu Nov 24 14:26:35 UTC 2011

Hi all,

There is a JSON schema used by Zotero / CSL that covers a lot of the
sort of biblio metadata one might want to put in a bibliographic
record:

https://github.com/citation-style-language/schema/blob/master/csl-data.json

This may form a basis for a good set of recommended keys for any
representation of bibliographic metadata in JSON.

This also brings up the further point about bibjson - what keys would
we define, if any, as required? I am still for being very flexible on
this, and accepting pretty much any valid JSON. But where people want
to rely on being able to pull particular values from within particular
keys, some consensus is required (although we can also just use
namespaces on the keys).

So a question for the list to consider - to what extent would a
community convention be valuable for sharing metadata in this format?

Mark