[openbiblio-dev] Open Metadata Handbook: Recommendations

Primavera De Filippi primavera.defilippi at okfn.org
Mon Nov 28 16:31:43 UTC 2011

Hi all,
just to let you know that some updates have been made over the weekend
to Open Metadata Handbook
[http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Open_Metadata_Handbook/], in particular:

* It has been suggested we add schema.org to the recommendations page,
I have introduced it with a very short paragraph, it would be great if
anyone with a better knowledge of it would contribute to this section,
explaining what are the reasons we'd recommend the use of this
standard over the others for certain categories of works /
applications / etc.

* Also, it is now important to further develop the decision tree that
has been included in the Recommendation sections, in order to
represent the other criteria that should be taken into account. If you
are willing to discuss or to provide any kind of comments or
contribution on this matter, please don't hesitate to contact me
and/or to message the list with your ideas or suggestions !
And as usual, feel free to edit the wikibook as much as you can  :)

Cheers,
Primavera