[openbiblio-dev] [bibserver] changing handling of collections from frontend to get them working properly again now that collections are stored as separate objects (937d3e2)

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Oct 9 20:44:06 UTC 2011

I don't think we should build in collections. I spent time on ORE (for
chemistry) and philiosophy was that indivdiual nodes could be described as
an aggregation, but this was not a property of the nodes (and a set of nodes
could have any number of aggregations.)

I see each BIBJson entry as an isolated node  which could be linked to other
nodes or not but it is not a nodal property. An entry can include journal
and publisher as these are important identification and location tools but
they are not a graph created tool per se.

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics