[openbiblio-dev] Datasets spreadsheet

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Feb 2 15:44:15 UTC 2012

about

> > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtbO6mZEvieCdDFzdkVNQld6Mnc5NEpGWVlRUVhvM3c#gid=0

This is potentially extremely useful. I suggest should be developed as an openbiblio resource subject
to emerging standards for maintaining such resources.

> > If you're going to reuse this work (or do something similar), I'd
> > suggest explicitly storing the categories in a column rather than
> > making this information only available via color coding.  It's
> > impossible to filter, sort, search, facet, etc on a color.

+1 from me. It is fine to keep this sort of data in a spreadsheet, but its full content
should be exportable as csv or tsv, from which we can easily convert to BibJSON and provide some kind of
BibServer display, and reuse for whatever other purposes.  I have a couple of questions:

1) What is the procedure by which rows in this table can be added/modified?

2) What is the relation of this table to  the JISC sponsored http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/ ?

3) How to get a machine export of http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/ to merge with Ross's data?
Anyone on this list part of the Romeo/Sherpa team?  Their email is romeo at sherpa.ac.uk
May be good to invite them to this list if they are not already on it.

--Jim

Jim Pitman
Professor of Statistics and Mathematics
University of California