[openbiblio-dev] Next JISC openbiblio 2 sprints

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Sun Feb 5 20:32:04 UTC 2012

On 2/5/12 12:22 PM, Jim Pitman wrote:

>> EDITABILITY
>> Updating records with any sort of useful info such as links out to
>> other resources requires the UI to be able to save data back. I have
>> got this experimentally working and want to continue building it in
>> conjunction with the frontend UI improvements.
>
> I also would like to see this capability. But I am concerned that this is difficult, and increases considerably
> the burden on a bibserver maintainer to manage permissions and access.

Question: Say I have a collection, upload it to Bibserver, make some
changes to it locally, and want to re-upload. How am I allowed to update
that file, but not to clobber someone else's? I assume that the file is
linked to my bibserver logon, no? Is editing that much different from a
permissions viewpoint?

kc

--
Karen Coyle