[openbiblio-dev] BibJSON vs RDF

Mark MacGillivray mark at odaesa.com
Tue Feb 7 23:36:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri at danbri.org> wrote:

> On 7 Feb 2012, at 22:03, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> [bibliographic data from the German National Library] is available in RDF as CC0.
>>> Mark will have a look at at - maybe it's easy to convert to BibJSON - but
>>> anyway we should work with the suppliers to create BibJSON - this is a
>>> really clear example of why BJ is useful.
>>
>> What is a really clear example?  I missed a step or three in the argument here.

Presumably the useful example intended was that by putting stuff in
JSON we can really easily do the things like build search / facet /
graph UIs on the web. Of course, we could do RDF in JSON too, so it is
definitely not a replacement for RDF. BibJSON is just the convention
of representing bibliographic metadata in JSON, which is useful.

Mark