[openbiblio-dev] Survey for GLAM Institutions in France

Primavera De Filippi pdefilippi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:49:21 UTC 2012

Hi all,
a survey is being organized by the French ministry of culture to understand
the status of museums, libraries and archives of France in their
relationship with "open cultural data"
The idea is to identify which cultural institutions are already opening up
their data, which ones are not, and which ones are planning on doing it.
The survey currently covers questions concerning the type of data, content
or information proceeded by each institution, the procedure of production
and how the data is used, legal and economic aspects of data reuse,
prospectives for opening up data.

I mentioned the possibility of introducing questions concerning
bibliographic metadata, so as to identify the institutions who have not yet
openly disclosed their metadata to the public but would be willing to do
so. I have thus been asked to contribute to the survey by adding questions
concerning bibliographic metadata. If anyone on the list has any idea or
suggestions on what kind of questions would be relevant to ask to those
institutions, please let me know !
The first draft of the questionnaire has to be submitted y the 14th of
february (tomorrow) so it is pretty urgent  :)

Finally, a conference/workshop will be organized in April to discuss the
results of the survey directly with the representatives of GLAM
institutions. I have been asked to intervene as part of Creative Commons,
it would be nice to take advantage of this opportunity to propose to some
of these institutions (who still have no idea how which format to use) to
adopt bibjson/bibserver/bibsoup as an easy and interoperable solution for
opening up their data.
What do you think?