[openbiblio-dev] References in Wikipedia and BibJSON

Chris Maloney voldrani at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:22:00 UTC 2012

Hi,
I just started lurking here recently, and I'm not sure exactly what you are
trying to do, but have you checked to see if this information isn't already
extracted and available through DBPedia ( http://dbpedia.org/About )?
It seems you're trying to extract and resolve bibliographic information
from Wikipedia articles, right?  I'm not an expert on DBPedia (I've only
just read a little bit) but this seems to be exactly in line with DBPedia's
core mission, and I'd be very surprised if they don't have this data
available already.  At the very least, take a look at their extraction
framework:  http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Documentation , which could perhaps
provide the tool to mine for this data yourselves.