[openbiblio-dev] References in Wikipedia and BibJSON

Etienne Posthumus etienne.posthumus at okfn.org
Wed Feb 15 12:58:37 UTC 2012

On 15 February 2012 13:22, Chris Maloney <voldrani at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just started lurking here recently, and I'm not sure exactly what you are
> trying to do, but have you checked to see if this information isn't already
> extracted and available through DBPedia ( http://dbpedia.org/About )?

Thanks for the tip, Chris. I thought so too, and had a look at
dbpedia. At first glance I could not find any citation info in their
parsers.
(but this does not mean that it isn't there, just that I haven't found it yet)

There is also a 'lag' between updates to dbpedia and actual Wikipeida
entries so it seems it would be useful to be able to parse a page
just-in-time in any case.