[openbiblio-dev] BibJSON Validator?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Feb 15 19:08:49 UTC 2012

On 15 February 2012 18:40, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Edmund Chamberlain <emc59 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> I've a barebones Perl based parser up as a gist:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/1836836
>>
>> Should accept stdin. JSON seems valid but does
>> not upload to bibsoup. Getting a 'unicode' object has no attribute 'get'.
>
> Is there a BibJSON validator available (or planned)?  I'm thinking of
> something along the lines of the W3C validators for various types of
> markup: http://validator.w3.org/

I don't believe there is, but I think it's an excellent idea (even if
BibJSON is supposed to be rough around the edges we could have levels
of conformance or the like). I'd suggest we use the developing JSON
Schema work [1] and possibly this JSON Schema validator library:

<https://github.com/garycourt/JSV>

[1]: http://json-schema.org/

> Conversely, is there a suite of BibJSON test documents that all
> BibJSON parsers should be able to process in a conformant manner a la
> https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/tree/master/test-suite

Also an excellent idea -- even if they were just examples.

Rufus