[openbiblio-dev] bibjson -request for feedback

Edmund Chamberlain emc59 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 21 19:23:46 UTC 2012

A few thoughts on this on top of Peter and Jim's comments:

Representation of namespace for display and function (index,
disambiguation?) is almost certainly required for any hefty standards we
will want to import either in this project or in the future. So we need
the functionality at the JSON-LD implementation looks relatively clean
and workable.

It also creates something of design precedent at a relatively early
stage. If we feel there are other functions that we wish to adopt into
BibJson that JSON-LD can do, be it a bit clunkily, would we be obliged
to follow JSON-LD at first refusa? or would we be free to stay with our
own slim-line choice or adopt it from say, JSON-RDF (creating a
'franken-standard)

As we are doing this to adopt JSON-LD vaildators, I suspect that would
answer my question.

Ultimately, its not a massive issue, JSON representations tend to fall
into objects comprised of lists and pairs, so mapping in parsers should
be achievable.

I also feel that all discussions re: standards should be prefixed by
five seconds enforced staring at this strip ;)

http://xkcd.com/927/

Edmund Chamberlain
Systems Development Librarian
Electronic Services and Systems