[openbiblio-dev] Announcing the Open Humanities Awards - €15,000 of prizes on offer

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Wed Feb 13 15:08:48 UTC 2013

Hi All,

The Open Knowledge Foundation in association with the Digital Humanities
Quarterly is excited to announce the launch of the first ever *Open
Humanities Awards*. There are *€15,000* worth of prizes on offer for *3-5
projects* that use *open content*,*open data* or *open source* tools
to *further
humanities teaching and research*. Whether you’re interested in patterns of
allusion in Aristotle, networks of correspondence in the Jewish
Enlightenment or digitising public domain editions of Dante, we’d love to
hear about the kinds of open projects that could support your interest!

The Awards will be judged by a distinguished cast of eminent Digital
Humanists including Professor Stefan Gradmann (Humboldt University), Dr
Susan Schreibman (Trinity College Dublin). Professor Andrew Prescott (Kings
College London), Professor David Robey, (University of Oxford), Dr Melissa
Terras (University College London),
Nicole Coleman (Stanford University Humanities Center), Dr Laurent Romary
(INRIA).

*To apply and for more information visit openhumanitiesawards.org and feel
free to contact me if you have any questions about the Awards. Deadline is
12th March 2013, so get going and good luck!*

All the best,
Sam Leon

--
Sam Leon