[openbiblio-dev] BibJson and non written material

Mark MacGillivray mark at cottagelabs.com
Sat Feb 16 18:06:29 UTC 2013

Hi Sylvain,

BibJSON so far has been used mainly for metadata about books or articles.
In essence the same technology could be used for CD or DVD and so on, as
really it is all just metadata about some piece of information.

There are no specific examples of representing a CD in bibjson, you could
come up with some if you wanted to do so that followed similar convention -
e.g. there is a "type" field commonly used, so you could just call it "cd"
or "dvd". The various sorts of person involved would probably be different,
e.g. rather than author and editor you may have performer and composer
lists.

Whilst this would be simple to store, the question would be how you want to
display it; a list of books or articles are known to have authors, so by
default the bibserver facetview options include an "author" facet. However
if you expect to have a lot of records containing "composer" objects, for
example, you could add a "composer" facet to your facetview options.

Mark