[openbiblio-dev] Items of a manifestation with BibJSON

Sylvain Hellegouarch sylvain.hellegouarch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 08:35:26 UTC 2013

2013/2/17 Karen Coyle <kcoyle at kcoyle.net>

> Unfortunately, neither FRBR nor RDA have properties for the location of
> the resource. I also looked at Dublin Core and it lacks this as well. At
> the moment there is a group looking to add library location information to
> schema.org, but that is only beginning.
>
> Europeana has a property for "current location"
>   http://www.europeana.eu/**schemas/edm/currentLocation<http://www.europeana.eu/schemas/edm/currentLocation>
>
> Both FRBR and RDA have identifiers for the manifestation and for the item.
> Both have been expressed in RDF, if that matters.
>
> http://rdvocab.info
> http://metadataregistry.org/**schema/show/id/5.html<http://metadataregistry.org/schema/show/id/5.html> (FRBR)
>
> FRBR "place" has so far only been defined for places as subjects, so it
> probably should not be used as the location of the resource.

Thank you both for your feedback.

I had considered then using a dedicated geo ontology but now I need to find
the appropriate one.

As a side note, I had first came across this resource:
http://vocab.org/frbr/core.html#Place which claims that frbr:place is a
subject but also a geoSpatialThing which is why I had used it. I assume I
looked at the wrong place (no pun).

--
- Sylvain
http://twitter.com/lawouach