[openbiblio-dev] Items of a manifestation with BibJSON

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Sun Feb 17 01:14:04 UTC 2013

Unfortunately, neither FRBR nor RDA have properties for the location of
the resource. I also looked at Dublin Core and it lacks this as well. At
the moment there is a group looking to add library location information
to schema.org, but that is only beginning.

Europeana has a property for "current location"
   http://www.europeana.eu/schemas/edm/currentLocation

Both FRBR and RDA have identifiers for the manifestation and for the
item. Both have been expressed in RDF, if that matters.

http://rdvocab.info
http://metadataregistry.org/schema/show/id/5.html  (FRBR)

FRBR "place" has so far only been defined for places as subjects, so it
probably should not be used as the location of the resource.

kc