[openbiblio-dev] Items of a manifestation with BibJSON

Mark MacGillivray mark at cottagelabs.com
Sat Feb 16 22:57:14 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Sylvain Hellegouarch <
sylvain.hellegouarch at gmail.com> wrote:

> A couple of ideas came to mind:
>
> * Use one collection per library.
> * Leverage FRBR and RDA to embed information regarding where items could
> be located

Whether to use FRBR or not I am not certain, but the second option is
probably the best route to take, whether FRBR or not

> I prefer the second option but I confess I'm not yet very fluent with
> FRBR. So first of all, is that even a good idea?
>
> I was thinking about adding this to my record:
>
> "frbr:manifestation":[{"frbr:place":"Library
> A","rda:identifierForTheManifestation":""},{"frbr:place":"Library
> B","rda:identifierForTheManifestation":"BD GRE A"}]

So yes, if use these frbr - or any other - keys to point to a list of what
is essentially locations, then you could add a facet on
frbr:manifestation.frbr:place.exact to your default settings, and give it a
nice display title like "location" (or whatever is the French for that).
Then when you search you can either filter your search results to a given
location, or see the locations a particular item or set of items are
available at.

Mark