[openbiblio-dev] Feedback on my BibJSON record

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 21:31:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:

> JSON supports full Unicode (UTF-8 by default) in strings, but it also
> allows (but does not require) the \uNNNN notation.  You can also see
> escaped newlines (\n) in the dc:publisher field.
>

> The use of \uNNNN is IMO more robust than the use of Unicode characters as
there are so many non-compliant tools at present. Although, in principle,
it should be possible to cut and paste Unicode , in practice it very
frequently gets corrupted. The use of ANSI characters is safe.
(the same thing is true in XML. I routinely output characters as &#dddd;
rather than the character. Of course I always declare UTF-8 as the
encoding.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics