[OpenDesign] research on application of open design processes

Bram Geenen info at studiogeenen.com
Wed Dec 5 14:58:56 UTC 2012

Hey Jorge, great reply!
I agree that it is crucial that more people and expecially design
proffesionals get the 'why and what' of opening. Yesterday I gave a talk at
the Amsterdam Makers Meetup, with the subject that designers should realize
that growing and leveraging a network of knowledge, skills and an
audience around their projects is on of the hardest and most valuable parts
of making stuff. And that being open is a characteristic that helps
esthablishing this network with more ease and speed, and with much higher
quality. (and arguably more fun..)
People started to grasp that idea and the responses on the talk were
interesting!

" starting low, rough and short, and trying to*experience* the benefits of
openness and freedom in that small scale, so the community can gather
enough energy and interest to jump into something bigger. "
--> agree with that one. More examples and cases will help to inspire and
explain.

Best regards,
Bram Geenen