[Open Design + Hardware] Fab Commons Japan

Jarkko Moilanen jarkko.moilanen at uta.fi
Wed Aug 28 04:43:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

ti, 2013-08-27 kello 23:00 +0100, Kat Braybrooke kirjoitti:
> On a side note, getting quite envious of all the designers and fabbers
> who were in Japan together now -- sounds like it was a great
> experience!
>

> If you guys have photos+blog posts about your reflections, do share.
> Would be quite interested to see!
>

> - Kat

> hello: @kat_braybrooke | kaibray.com
> culturehacking at mozilla webmaker
> also leading open design | the open book
>

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Aleksandar Kovač
> <alex.ecorrespondence at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Hi Peter,
>
>         Great time at Yokohama! Thanks a bunch.
>
>         I am not sure if it helps any.
>         This is a rough translation of the title and the table of
>         contents of Kawamoto proposal for incentive plan for "Fab
>         Commons" license.
>         I am not familiar with the japanese legal terminology, so...
>         Fair Warning and Disclaimer: This translation might be
>         dodgy... quite dodgy,  really...
>         Hopefully it helps you find the parts you are interested in.
>

>         Daiko Kawamoto:
>         A Proposal of an incentive plan for "Fab Commons", a Commons
>         License for Open Design

Noticed the key word 'thingiverse' in the topics below and read the
paper for that part with the help of google translator. I just happen to
have more recent information about the licenses. Just thought to let all
know in case some one is interested:

The analysis contains things from Jan 2009 to Aug 2013. Analysis is
based on metadata available via website (not API). Results might contain
some inaccuracies.

Charts contain information from
117 450 analysed 'things'

http://ossoil.com/thingiverse/

This data will be used in an article which is under work.

/Jarkko