[Open Design & Hardware] Introduction: Aleksandar Kovac

María Hidalgo enpositivo.ds at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 18:20:58 UTC 2013

*WHO WE ARE?*

The social design en+ is based on creating new platforms for communication,
interaction, exchange and development, fleeing from simple protest to seek
solutions through design. Our operations look for to
promotepositive communication interactions involving creating
solutions through creativity, empathy and synergy.

*How do we get the stated objectives?*

Design isn’t just for designers. All of us can start to find creative
solutions to the challenges around us—whether it’s making our job better,
or redesigning a local park, or brainstorming ways to attack major
challenges like climate change.

Start looking around for the problems that bother you most. Don’t know
where to start with design? On our design hub, look for an upcoming series
of posts on basic creative problem-solving, from interviewing and observing
to prototyping.

We work in integrating socially concerned designers and NGOs to help them
improve the quality of their communications, whether from the formation or
from the connection between designers and organizations.

Along with the development of projects for NGO’s, en+ continues a line of
analysis and investigation to improve communication
and social design research groups and creating online formation courses
specializing in the designand social media.
2013/7/22 Kat Braybrooke <kat.braybrooke at gmail.com>

> Hello Alex,
>
> Great intro! and welcome to the Open Design + Hardware collective. Your
> research sounds highly applicable to the activities of this group - how far
> along are you on those design heuristics? :)
>
> Also intrigued to hear more about Kyoto Institute of Technology - I
> imagine there's lots of great energy re: openness and collaboration there
> at the moment.
>
> Looking forward to seeing more of you in this group.
>
> Cheers,
> Kat

> hello: @kat_braybrooke <http://twitter.com/kat_braybrooke> | kaibray.com
> hacking popular culture at: mozilla <http://webmaker.org>
> otherwise, i do: open design <http://design.okfn.org/> | the open book<http://theopenbook.org.uk/>
>

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Aleksandar Kovač <
> alex.ecorrespondence at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Hi everyone an Open Design,
>> If you allow me, I would love to become a part of these discussions and
>> perhaps even contribute to some of your admirable work so far.
>>
>> My name is Aleksandar Kovac. I am a doctoral candidate at Kyoto
>> Institute of Technology. I have been researching methodologies in theory
>> and practice of designing in open information contexts. For the last
>> couple of years I am field-researching designers and designing in open
>> source software development process, hoping to find where, how, and why do
>> designers succeed (and more often than not) fail when collaborating on
>> design solutions in such communities. The idea (loftily said) is to
>> provide designers some kind of heuristics or philosophy that would guide
>> their designing behavior when designing with/within communities and
>> societies both online and offline.
>>
>> I will do my best to make my contribution here less boring than this
>> clumsy introduction. :)
>>
>> Looking forward to reading/replying here,
>> and greetings to all of you, once more,
>>
>> Alex

<info at disenosocial.org>

*María Hidalgo - Responsable de proyectos*
*Asociación EN+ :: Comunicación y Diseño Social para ONGs*
*
*
*SI TE GUSTA EL DISEÑO SOCIAL, AYÚDANOS CON TU
CLICK<http://disenosocial.org/haztesocio>
*

<https://plus.google.com/u/0/105790125512797829854>
<http://www.facebook.com/disenosocial>
  <http://twitter.com/disenosocialorg>
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/tucamon/sets/72157623961514093/with/4615494315/>
  <http://www.youtube.com/desegni>  <http://disenosocial.org/enpositivo>

*
*

Asociación Nacional Sin Ánimo de Lucro
Nº 594127

*“No dudes jamás de la capacidad de tan solo un grupo de ciudadanos*
*
conscientes y comprometidos para cambiar el mundo” Margaret Mead.
**

*