[Open Design] Open Design Definition: a section about IP

Massimo Menichinelli massimo.menichinelli at aalto.fi
Wed May 22 12:16:36 UTC 2013

Dear all,
I've just added a proposal for the Intellectual Property section with
the commit ee7c622
(https://github.com/OpenDesign-WorkingGroup/Open-Design-Definition/commit/ee7c622a809bd4861794ccba4df2e5c74ec5b4f8)
.

Let me know what you think about it. The idea is that we define a sort
of primer / framework for making it clear to the open designers which
are the different ways that can protect their project (example:
trademark for brand identity, copyright for illustration, design rights
for product design, no protection for interior and service design - as
it seems - and so on) and what they can do in each case for sharing a
project as Open Design (example: for copyright, use certain CC
licenses). We would have to elaborate this a bit more, and base it on
the most common laws (even if the situation may change in different
countries, at least it would be a starting point for understanding what
is open design also legally).

What do you think about it?

Br,

Massimo

Massimo Menichinelli
mobile: (ITA) +39 3402971655 (FIN) +358 505981442
Skype: openp2pdesign.org
http://it.linkedin.com/in/massimomenichinelli
Aalto University
Aalto Media Factory - Aalto FabLab (Producer for the FabLab activities)
http://mediafactory.aalto.fi/
http://fablab.aalto.fi/
openp2pdesign.org
Metadesign for Open Systems, Processes, Projects
http://www.openp2pdesign.org/