[Open Design + Hardware] Submission Request: Exceptionally Hard and Soft Meeting

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 10:42:51 UTC 2013

>From our Twitter feed http://twitter.com/odandh , another great looking
OSHW event looking for submissions...

Exceptionally Hard & Soft Meeting #2
"pushing the frontiers of open source and DIY"
DESY Hamburg site, June 27-29 2014.

Collaboration between open source and research communities empowers open
hardware to explore new grounds and hopefully deliver on the "third
industrial revolution". The first edition of the Exceptionally Hard and
Soft Meeting featured lectures delivered by international makers, hackers,
scientists and engineers on topics such as nuclear fusion, chip design,
vacuum equipment machining, and applied quantum physics. Tutorials gave a
welcoming hands-on introduction to people of all levels, including kids.

EHSM is back in summer 2014 for another edition of the most cutting-edge
open source conference. This year we are proud to welcome you to an
exceptional venue: DESY, Europe's second-largest particle physics
laboratory!

Is there a device in your basement that demonstrates violations of Bell's
inequalities? We want to see it in action. Are you starting up a company to
build nuclear fusion reactors? Tell us about it. Does your open source
hardware or software run some complex, advanced and beautiful scientific
instruments? We are eager to learn about it. Do you have stories to tell
about your former job manufacturing ultra high vacuum equipment in the
Soviet Union? We want to hear about your experiences. Do you have a great
design for a difficult open source product that can be useful to millions?
Team up with the people who can help implement your ideas.

Whoever you are, wherever you come from, you are welcome to present
technologically awesome work at EHSM. Travel assistance and visa invitation
letters provided upon request. All lectures are in English.

Submission details: http://ehsm.eu/

hi, i'm kat | mozilla <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/foundation/> |
OD+H<http://design.okfn.org>| the
open book <http://theopenbook.org.uk>