[Open Design + Hardware] my bio

Serena Cangiano serenacangiano at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 06:00:55 UTC 2013

Hello all
hello Kat

Thanks for collecting the information about the open design member list.

Below my bio (to be improved :-))

I am PhD candidate at IUAV University of Venice doing research and teaching
interaction design at SUPSI, the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of
Southern Switzerland. My work spans from interaction design to education
and new media communication. My research focuses on open design and open
hardware related practices and their impact on the interactiondesign
discipline.

Graduated in Communication Sciences with an MSc in Technology and
Communication, I collaborated on projects about virtual archaeology,
digital archives and interactive art. After some experiences in the field
of information architecture and user experience design, i’m currently
carrying out projects of applied research at Interaction design lab SUPSI (
www.idlab.supsi.ch).

I’m assistant of the Master of Advanced Studies in Interaction Design SUPSI
(www.maind.supsi.ch) and coordinator of the summer workshops focusing on
teaching the fundamentals of software and hardware programming through
design and prototyping activities (
www.maind.supsi.ch/workshops-summer-school), . When i want to have fun and
rest, I co-manage the FabLab SUPSI Lugano (www.fablab.supsi.ch) and i start
up research and educational projects addressed to fablabs related topics.

(if needed)

website

serenacangiano.com

maind.supsi.ch