[Open Design + Hardware] my bio

anNa seravalli annaseravalli at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:18:50 UTC 2013

Hi Kat,
here is my bio as well.
I agree with Serena: thank you for making this group more visible and
foster possibilities of collaboration and activities.
Looking forward for next initiatives.

Anna Seravalli is a PhD candidate in Interaction Design at The School of
Arts and Communication (K3) and MEDEA, Malmö University (Sweden), with a
background as industrial and service designer.

Her research focuses on collaborative and commons-based production
practices and their potential as an alternative  way of making things and
delivering services. She explores this topic through the engagement in the
setting up and running of a maker-space in the city of Malmö (Living Lab
Fabriken, MEDEA) and by participating in projects about social innovation
and citizens involvement (Living Lab The Neighborhood MEDEA).

At the moment, beside trying to initiate other maker-spaces in Sweden and
in Italy, she is reflecting and writing about design, commons,
commonalities and infrastructures for co-production.

She is one of the founders of the "Distributed and Open Production" cluster
inside DESIS, a global network connecting design schools working with
sustainability and social innovation (http://desis-network.org/dop)

http://prototypingalternativefutures.wordpress.com/

http://medea.mah.se/

http://medea.mah.se/2010/01/living-lab-the-neighbourhood/