[Open Design + Hardware] Looking for experts on open source business models

Christian Villum villum at autofunk.dk
Wed Oct 14 23:35:21 UTC 2015

Everyone,

With Danish Design Centre we're booting a new program titled Future
Fabrication (see details below) and for that we're looking for experts and
explorers of the field of open source business models (around hardware
and/or other fields). Any tips for good people to talk to?

Thanks,
Christian

***

*FUTURE FABRICATION*

The Danish Design Centre is currently developing a new program titled
“Future Fabrication” which will run from 2016-2018.

Here we wish to explore currents in the technological development and in
“maker-culture” which we believe have the potential to transform and enrich
production and manufacturing. Through open dialogue with our networks we
wish to understand and strengthen design’s role in the era of advanced
manufacturing technology.  For the scoping of the program we have
identified 4 thematic focus areas, of which one of them is the development
of business models based on open-source methodologies:
How can we create sustainable business models based on open-source
principles?

*Maker culture is driven by knowledge sharing and, as a result, new
economies and business models are being based on open source principles. We
want to investigate ways to overcome challenges in IP-driven business as
well as to explore open business development of the sharing economy. New
business models pave the way for new exciting opportunities as well as
address the severe challenges of bridging the gaps in global knowledge and
resource inequality.*

Read more about the program here:

http://ddc.dk/en/projects/fremfabfuturefab-fremtidens-fabrikationfuture-fabrication/