[Open Design + Hardware] opendesign Digest, Vol 51, Issue 2

Serena Cangiano serenacangiano at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:12:38 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

happy to read stuff from OD mailing list again!

@Christian

RE:MODEL sounds really interesting and I am looking forward to know more
about it.
Below I forward a link to a paper by David Mellis, one of the co-founder of
the Arduino project. The paper highlights how collaboration works in open
hardware: the competitors are also collaborators because they help the
market to grow by releasing new products that are not necessarily built
upon other initiatives or companies' work.
It is a paper from 2012, quite old (Mellis is talking about the Arduino
duemilanove!), but I think it is still very valid as a reference.

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2145377&CFID=900770292&CFTOKEN=34535250