[Openglam_members] Notes of OpenGLAM call yesterday

Adam Green adam.green at okfn.org
Thu Jun 27 10:26:43 UTC 2013

Hey all, (I've missed off the Advisory Board to save their inboxes!)

So sorry to miss yesterday - completely forgot to inform that i couldn't
make it.

My OpenGLAM updates from the month regarding The Public Domain Review:

Been working hard putting this new sources scheme in place, which will
basically 'big up' and more explicitly  celebrate those institutions
opening up their collections (actual content, as opposed to just metadata).
As part of this we'll be launching the Curator of the Month series: where a
curator from such an "open" institution talks about some stuff from their
collection. We'll kick things off next Tuesday (2nd July) with someone from
the British Library talking about a collection of Canadian photographs.
Have stuff lined up for future months from Rijskmusuem and Statens Der
Kunst (Danish State Museum), and another from the BL. *Would be really
great if you could let me know if you have any leads with any others!*
*
*
That's all I think. Look forward to seeing some (most?) of you at the
summit in a couple of weeks!

All the best,

Adam.

--