[Openglam_members] 500 people interested in cooperation projects with local heritage institutions - please get in touch with them!

Estermann Beat beat.estermann at bfh.ch
Thu Feb 27 16:10:36 UTC 2014

Dear all,

We have asked the participants of last year's Wiki Loves Monuments photo contest whether they would be interested in cooperation projects with local heritage institutions. Earlier this week, I have communicated the participants' contact data to the local organizers of WLM 2013 as well as to the local Wikimedia chapters.

Ca. 500 participants (38% of respondents) ticked the item "I'm interested in participating in cooperation projects with local heritage institutions (libraries, archives, museums) - please let me know if I can help." - Therefore, I warmly recommend you to get the contact data from last year's WLM organizers or from your Wikimedia chapter and let people know how they can help with GLAM outreach!

In order to get an overview of the contact data that is available for your country, please have a look at the summary statistics of the contacts data file: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WLM2013_Summary_Analysis_of_Contact_Information_20140217.pdf

Respondents from the following countries indicated their interest in GLAM outreach: Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bolivia, Canada, Chile, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Nepal, New Zealand, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela. - My apologies if your country is not on the list, but I can assure you that last year's Wiki Loves Monuments organizers tried hard to get it on board! ;-)

You'll find more information about the survey here:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2013/Participants'_Survey

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Beat

Beat Estermann
Research Associate