[Openglam_members] [Glam_survey_coordination] Wikimania: Presentation of OpenGLAM

Sebastiaan ter Burg terburg at wikimedia.nl
Thu Jul 3 12:49:46 UTC 2014

Hi Beat,

great!

I've met Bekka Kahn <https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/User:BekkaKahn> three
weeks ago, she's running the OpenCoalition
<https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Open_Coalition> project in the UK. I'm not
sure if she's presenting at Wikimania. If not: it would be great to have
her as a speaker too.

Best,

Sebastiaan

glam_survey_coordination at openglam.ch>:

> Dear all,
>

> Our Wikimania submission focusing on the OpenGLAM working group has been
> accepted – but with a change in length and type.
>
> Instead of organizing a workshop we can give a series of presentations
> from various countries:
>

> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Promoting_OpenGLAM_-_Exchange_of_Experiences_and_Best_Practices
>

> As laid out in the session description, I would suggest that we give the
> priority to countries where various organizations cooperate to promote
> OpenGLAM.
>
> There are 5-7 minutes slots for 4 countries. Each country could give a
> short overview of their overall approach and present one of their
> “highlights”.
>

> Does that make sense? – Who would like to present their country’s
> approach? Please indicate what “highlight” you would like to focus your
> presentation on!
>

> *@Joris/Lieke:* Would one of you be ready to give a short presentation of
> the international OpenGLAM working group at the beginning of the session?
> (I guess we could shortly mention the OpenGLAM Benchmark survey project as
> part of this presentation).
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Beat

> Beat Estermann
> Research Associate
>
> Berne University of Applied Sciences
> E-Government Institute
> Morgartenstrasse 2a
> Postfach 305
> CH-3000 Bern 22
>
> *New address after 1 September 2014:*
>
> Brückenstrasse 73
>
> CH-3005 Bern
>

> beat.estermann at bfh.ch
> www.e-government.bfh.ch
>
> Phone +41 31 848 34 30
> Phone (direct number) +41 31 848 34 38
> Fax +41 31 848 34 31

Sebastiaan ter Burg
*Projectleider Culturele Samenwerking*
*Wikimedia Nederland*
________________________________
tel.: +31 30 32 00 238
gsm: +31 6 480 88 615
e-mail: terburg at wikimedia.nl
wiki: Ter-burg <https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebruiker:Ter-burg>
www: www.wikimedia.nl
wiki: nl.wikimedia.org
*Postadres*:                        * Bezoekadres:*
Postbus 167                      Mariaplaats 3
3500 AD  Utrecht               Utrecht