[Openglam_members] Proposal for COST Action (Open Data/Content and Crowdsourcing in the Heritage Domain)

Estermann Beat beat.estermann at bfh.ch
Wed Mar 26 09:31:41 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I'm done with the outline of the COST proposal (text in green):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YnL0umlIk3QgjNBt-GIUDtSetIpomKEBNV4sbTqw6LQ/edit

Please have a look and give feedback directly in the document!

And more importantly: Sign yourself up if you and your institution would like to endorse the proposal.

It is a two-stage application process; therefore, this initial endorsement is a rather informal one.
For the first stage, we should have ca. 10 participating institutions from at least 5 countries.

So far, the following institutions have expressed their interest in participating (needs to be confirmed):

-       Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland (confirmed)

-       Aalto University, Finland

-       Jagellonian University, Poland

-       Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision, The Netherlands

-       Europeana Foundation, The Netherlands

-       Centrum Cyfrowe, Poland

That means that we are missing at least one more country; ideally, we would add another 3-4 institutions from various countries.

The next steps from my side:

-       Formulate the application text where it is just in bullet point format right now (Wednesday)

-       Condense the application text to a maximum of 10'000 characters, taking into account your comments, add the abstract and key words and fill everything into the online form (Thursday)

-       Submit the final version of the proposal (Friday, around noon)

We are planning to submit the proposal in the ICT track of the COST program, because there is less competition than in the "Individuals, Societies, Cultures and Health" track according to the Swiss National Contact Point for the COST program. According to her, they welcome trans-disciplinary proposals in all the tracks, and our proposal could therefore be submitted in either of the two tracks.

Dorota and I are planning to meet online to discuss the proposal tomorrow, Thursday. Please let us know if you would like to join us.

Please don't hesitate to get back to me if you have any questions or comments.

Kind regards,
Beat

Beat Estermann
Research Associate