[Openglam_members] Next members call

Joris Pekel jpekel at gmail.com
Thu May 1 09:49:36 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Thanks for everyone that was able to join the Members call yesterday. Short
summary of what we discussed:

- Shortlist of accepted OKFestival proposals is there (not public yet). It
looks like the PD workshop will go ahead. The others were not shortlisted
unfortunately. We will look into the possibilities of an OpenGLAM satellite
event with a German partner and we also really like to further look into
the possibilities of organising the animated GIF workshop.

- Benchmark survey questions are being finalised. The amount of questions
is currently quite high and the estimate is that it takes more than an
hour, which many of us think is too long. I will go through the questions
to see how needed they are. If anybody wants to join in, here is the doc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uUfbfIOdjXFySCP2qgJKNcq4SHBwD4FFlSPJuU0oB5M/edit

- We would like to see more updates from the Working Group on the OpenGLAM
blog. Any event, project, activity, or status quo would be a great addition
in letting people know what is happening around the globe. Marco will kick
of with a blog about the spaghetti open data initiative and we invite
everybody to join in. Does not have to be really lengthy, 400-500 words
should do the trick. If you are interested, get in touch with me or Lieke.
If you don't have time to write, but know of some topics/events that would
be interesting, please also let the list know and we might be able to pick
up on that.

Full notes here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yCJUVrTsbnSenuQA0tGQ0rugEwitlyiwATJbIrJpQEs/edit#heading=h.eobio31y7hqv

Thanks again, and happy Labour Day.