[Openglam_members] Reminder: OpenGLAM call today in two hours

Joris Pekel jpekel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 08:32:11 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who was able to join. Was really nice to hear about what
you have been up to and your experiences. All the notes can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yCJUVrTsbnSenuQA0tGQ0rugEwitlyiwATJbIrJpQEs/edit#

I really liked the experience and lessons learned sharing about hackathons.
I have to say I kind of gave up on the concept but a couple of you are
showing that it still really can work great! For example by finding ways to
get everybody to work on something, with or without code experience. Also
the note that in order to execute this properly, you really need some
dedicated time to organise all this. Just setting a date and bringing some
datasets is not going to do the trick.

Also it seemed that quite a few of you are working on a guide or
documentation. I think we can re-use quite a bit of material that is
already there. So I'd suggest to use the (open) OpenGLAM list for requests
and questions!

Thanks again, and good luck with everything.

Cheers,

Joris