[Openglam_members] Reminder: OpenGLAM call today in two hours

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Thu Mar 5 15:08:37 UTC 2015

Sounds like a great call Joris,

I was away at the Europeana Space workshop and meeting and spent some
time with Ivonne Jansen-Dings from the Waag Society, who is supporting
the ESpace hackathons. She had some useful tips to share and is running
a hackathon masterclass (I'm thinking it will be internal but others
might be able to come) at the TV Hackathon in Amsterdam
<http://openglam.org/2015/02/02/europeana-space-project-tv-hackathon/>.
I'll make sure I let people know how that goes.

As for the OpenGLAM Collections page - well, we now have a more familiar
looking skin! http://omeka.okfn.org/ - still work to do but getting there!

Comments more than welcome but perhaps maybe it's time to open this up
to the wider OpenGLAM community. It looks like there was a request to
schedule a separate call - I'm happy to do this - it will probably be
the week after next.

Marieke

On 05/03/2015 08:32, Joris Pekel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Thanks to everyone who was able to join. Was really nice to hear about
> what you have been up to and your experiences. All the notes can be
> found here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yCJUVrTsbnSenuQA0tGQ0rugEwitlyiwATJbIrJpQEs/edit#
>
> I really liked the experience and lessons learned sharing about
> hackathons. I have to say I kind of gave up on the concept but a
> couple of you are showing that it still really can work great! For
> example by finding ways to get everybody to work on something, with or
> without code experience. Also the note that in order to execute this
> properly, you really need some dedicated time to organise all this.
> Just setting a date and bringing some datasets is not going to do the
> trick.
>
> Also it seemed that quite a few of you are working on a guide or
> documentation. I think we can re-use quite a bit of material that is
> already there. So I'd suggest to use the (open) OpenGLAM list for
> requests and questions!
>
> Thanks again, and good luck with everything.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joris

> <mailto:jpekel at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hi everyone,
>
>     here is the link. Speak to you in a sec!
>     https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gt5labkccahe7yqf53ktunuixya
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Jorid

>     <mailto:jpekel at gmail.com>>:
>
>         Hi all,
>
>         As the previous announcement was a bit squeezed in an other
>         email I figured I sent you a reminder. We will have our next
>         call in two hours at 5 UTC.
>
>         I will send you the link to the hangout 5 min beforehand
>
>         Looking forward to it!
>
>         Cheers,
>
>         Joris

Marieke Guy
Project Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 |
@mariekeguy <http://twitter.com/mariekeguy>
Open Education Working Group <http://education.okfn.org/>
Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/okfn>|
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> | Blog