[opensourcepharma] Draft Open Ebola Letter

Matthew Todd mattoddchem at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:56:11 UTC 2014

Further to Els's very interesting suggestion, here's Draft 1.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10qD0-CLlBKp_6COmMUffZp9mp4NwJGlmcwb5Jjt_wDA/edit?usp=sharing

Edit away or comment, here or on the document itself. It needs to be short!
I think given who it's addressed to it needs to be clearly a recommendation
of the idea, rather than a direct appeal for any funding. We can do a lot
here in advance of any up-front financial commitment, but which may lead to
more substantial efforts later that require dollars.

I'd suggest the letter come from a defined group of us, and when published
we could ask for wider expressions of support somewhere, from the public.

It feels like we'd have more impact with the support of an Ebola researcher
- we are addressing the letter to one of the discoverers of the virus, I
understand, so maybe that's the way to do it.

Els - do you have a venue for this, and a way to alert people to it?

Best,

MATTHEW TODD | Associate Professor
School of Chemistry | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 519, F11 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9351 2180  | F +61 2 9351 3329  | M +61 415 274104
E matthew.todd at sydney.edu.au | W
http://sydney.edu.au/science/chemistry/research/todd.html | W
http://opensourcemalaria.org/

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised
use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please
delete it and any attachments.