[opensourcepharma] Jeffery Sachs article

Lisa Osborne lisa at jigsawglobal.com
Tue Aug 12 11:49:47 UTC 2014

This part jumped out at me, given that we're talking about requesting
funding for an open-source project.

"Here is a shortlist of what urgently needs to be done. First, the United
States, the European Union, the Gulf countries, and East Asian states should
establish a flexible fund under WHO leadership to combat the current Ebola
epidemic, probably at an initial level of $50-$100 million, pending further
developments. This would allow a rapid public-health response that is
commensurate to the immediate challenge."

http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/jeffrey-d-sachs-outlines-the-ste
ps-needed-to-stem-the-current-epidemic-and-prevent-its-recurrence