[wdmmg-dev] Quoting parameters and search phrase with spaces

Carsten Senger senger at rehfisch.de
Sat Apr 2 09:56:31 UTC 2011

--On Samstag, April 02, 2011 10:57:41 +0200 Friedrich Lindenberg
<friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I think the problem is on our end. First off, this works quite nicely:
>
> curl
> "http://localhost:8983/solr/wdmmg/select/?q=cofog1%3A%2203%22&version=2.2
> &start=0&rows=10&indent=on"
>
> Still, I think the issue is in our schema.xml where we index * as
> textgen instead of string: this way things get tokenized and "Region
> A" would become "region, a". We should likely change that since we
> don't need textgen anyway (it is covered by the "text" field which
> receives a copy of all index contents).

I had changed it to a solr.StrField in the branch to support facets on
the fields. Facets don't work as expected if the field is tokenized
(You get facets for "Region" and "A", not "Region A".
I did my tests with the new schema.

I merged the branch to default already so Stefan can work on the
ticket that depends on #64. And the url you posted works in firefox too

But the url you give does not work with solrpy. It works in Firefox.
Firefox convertes the %22 entities to " before it sends the request. curl
will probably do the same. It does not work in solrpy.

I tested sunburnt last night (see the last commits) and purpose
to use it instead of solrpy (when trac is up again).

..Carsten.