[wdmmg-dev] OpenSpending Process (senger at rehfisch.de)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Apr 21 15:18:01 UTC 2011

On 21 April 2011 16:04, Friedrich Lindenberg
<friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Carsten Senger <senger at rehfisch.de> wrote:
>> We want to encourage contributors to write a custom loader where necessary.
>> It's the alternative to "Transform to OpenSpending Format2 for the "Custom
>> Loader" process.
>
> Hm, I disagree: I feel it would be much better for us to converge to
> using custom loaders as little as possible (and we're almost there
> already). Keeping the loaders up to date is increasingly a burden on
> our development and I'd like to get rid of the simpler ones in favor
> of a set of mapping descriptions. What do you think?

I'm a big +1 with Friedrich here. I actually think even our own
loaders should switch to producing our 'OpenSpending data' format and
we then load that in a standard way (the great benefit with this is we
now have a nice 'standalone' version of the data to redistribute to
others, to register on ckan.net etc).

Rufus