[wdmmg-dev] ImportError: No module named wdmmgext.load

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Fri Apr 22 07:23:58 UTC 2011

Hi Ben,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Ben Teeuwen <bteeuwen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install the code from http://wheredoesmymoneygo.org/getting-started/ on my local machine. I've got a mac os 10.6.7, python 2.7.1, pip, and the most recent postgres installation. I'm now testing imported data and I get 21 errors (see attached). The majority sounds like:

Thanks for pointing this out, I think the getting started page links
to an outdated version of the install guide (we've since moved repos).
A newer, better one is at:
https://bitbucket.org/okfn/wdmmg/src/b759f035a415/doc/install.rst

>  from wdmmgext.load import uganda
> ImportError: No module named wdmmgext.load

This sounds like you need to install wdmmg-ext.

pip install -e hg+ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/okfn/wdmmg-ext#egg=wdmmg-ext

> I've searched the files that use this module. Attached is an example file.
>
> I see 2 more errors;
> 1) that the file 'ukgov-finances-cra/cra_2009_db.csv' does not exist.
> 2) SolrException: HTTP code=404, reason=Not Found
> Maybe both are due to the wdmmgext.load error, so I'll ignore this for now and first try to find answer to my first question.

You do need solr installed, though.

- Friedrich