[wdmmg-dev] Google Data Viz Challenge

Stefan Wehrmeyer stefanwehrmeyer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 21:26:32 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,

I don't know what the state of the application for the Google Data Viz Challenge is, but there is an "explorer" branch on bitbucket now that has the visualization explorer integrated.
I deployed the branch on testing.openspending.org (DNS seems to be broken at the moment, I had to /etc/hosts the correct IP) and the explorer is now linked from the dataset site.

So if we are still in (certainly not to win, but for some publicity for the project), we need to do something by tomorrow (March 27th):
 - We need a subdomain for the USA dataset with the updated source deployed
 - A US citizen needs to fill out the form: http://datavizchallenge.org/submit
 - ?

Cheers,
Stefan