[wdmmg-dev] refactor .lib.solrhelp and .lib.browser into .lib.solr

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun May 15 19:16:29 UTC 2011

On 15 May 2011 20:11, Carsten Senger <senger at rehfisch.de> wrote:
> I'd like to move the content of .lib.solrhelp and .lib.browser to .lib.solr

there's a reason it was called solrhelp: so you didn't have problems with:

import solr

as solr is name of underlying library.

> and rename .lib.browser.Browser to .lib.browser.SolrBrowser.

No objections here.

> And does somebody know if these are used outside the main wdmmg package?

Doubt it.

Rufus

PS: i think you should check suggestion about entry id naming with
Friedrich. I also think that (as per ticket) we should have some human
/ search engine url niceness so urls were of the form:

/entry/{id}/{string-for-humans-but-not-used-by-backend}

e.g.

/entry/{id}/{dataset-filename-rownum} (if dataset not before id ...)

This is even more important for entities ...