[wdmmg-dev] Making sense of the OpenSpending UK Govt 25k data dump

Nick Stenning nick at whiteink.com
Tue Sep 20 08:56:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 09:49, Chris Taggart <countculture at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nick
> Just wanted to chase up on the specific question of whether there's any
> relationship between the id in the CSV dump and the URL, and if not whether
> this can easily be recitified?

Hi Chris,

At the risk of sounding terribly ignorant about a codebase I'm meant
to be maintaining, where is this "resource_id" field of which you
speak. I've just had a poke around and every JSON/CSV export I can
find which refers to entries gives an "_id" field, the one I described
earlier. Grepping the entire source code for "resource_id" also throws
up no hits, implying to me that any "resource_id" must be a
dataset-specific thing.

If you can provide me with any URLs that emit "resource_id" and not
"_id", I'll be happy to look into this.