[wdmmg-dev] Making sense of the OpenSpending UK Govt 25k data dump

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue Sep 20 09:18:02 UTC 2011

Guys,

you're talking about two different things: the resource_id bits are
from CKAN (DGU, to be precise) and are kept in the data only as a
means of tracking the processing.

Nick: Chris is not dealing with OpenSpending outputs I think but with
the bulk CSV export I made a while back. This was indeed made before I
ran department name normalization (and I think another two or three
sanity checks) and I'd recommend we not use it because: 1) it needs to
be cleaned up, 2) its not up to date and 3) it was not done with the
right tools and has more errors then necessary (we did not make any,
but it did not fix as many as possible).

I think if we could allocate about 3-4 days to re-do it and set it up
in some CI system to run regularly, I think we could produce something
much better.

- Friedrich