[openspending-dev] wheredoesmymoneygo.org in Russia

Gregor Aisch gregor.aisch at okfn.org
Sat Dec 22 12:43:33 UTC 2012

Am 22.12.2012 um 13:29 schrieb Stanislav <stanislav.choojoy at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Stanislav Shakirov and I try to implement bubble chart from
> the wheredoesmymoneygo.org. to russian local municipal budget
>
> So, I have several questions about the bubble chart (see below)
> Would you be so kind to consult us or advise the best person to contact
> about this issues?
>
> Thanks in advance for any information
>
> 1. Could you share a ready solution for tooltips when you hover on the
> circle, as the site wheredoesmymoneygo.org? (screenshot attached)

You find the source code of the tooltip setup here:
https://github.com/openspending/wheredoesmymoneygo.org/blob/master/bubbletree.html

In line 6 we include jquery.qtip.min.js, and in line 40 we configure the tooltips. the content callback should return an array with two strings: [title, body].

> 2. Is there an opportunity to do more than 3 levels of nested data?

Yes, in theory there's no limitation for the number of levels. But there's a practical limitation on the total number of bubbles. It get's slow if you have too many. There's no dynamic loading, so everything is loaded at once.

Regards,
Gregor