[openspending-dev] OpenSpending.org - redesign

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Mon Feb 6 10:10:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

thanks, Sam, for having a look at this!

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org> wrote:
> We've very quickly blocked out the things which are important for us to have
> featured on the main page, but we wanted to leave the main artistic
> expression up for grabs:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/okfn/6812721211/in/photostream

The key message we need to communicate is: OpenSpending is a platform
that you can use - to either understand the existing info or to
contribute your own data - we'll host it for you for free and have the
tools to visualize the information.

> Key:
>
> * Ignore the arrangement of things on paper - the only thing which is fixed
> about the page is that we will have an interactive map showing countries
> which we have data for (meant to encourage people to get involved to fill in
> the white spaces - the get involved message is something we really want to
> come across quite strongly here)
>
> @Gregor / Friedrich - could we show Sam what that might look like? I don't
> have a link.

Here's what it look like at the moment: http://i.imgur.com/tV8er.png