[openspending-dev] Openspending - one year later Was: Working with OpenSpending platform from my perspective

Peio Popov peio at peio.org
Tue Jul 10 03:59:33 UTC 2012

Dear Friedrich,
You all have done great with the UI and the automation of the modeling,
pretentious again.

One small detail, that I notice, is that in Bulgarian the currency sign is
behind the number - it should be 100 лв. and not лв.100. Another thing is
that 502 error I am getting when trying to manage the dataset, but it is
something temporary I guess. So far - nothing that stops me for using it or
makes it somehow not pleasurable.

On a related note - Rufus mentioned you were getting into linked data. What
I would like to go next is a simple project to link the data from the daily
spending with the data for the minister/official responsible for it and
quantify his importance in such manner. Something like who spends our money
or who is responsible for the largest spending in the country and give a
idea about the monetary power of the person. Do you have any spending
ontologies and/or ideas for such projects?

Peio