[openspending-dev] Introductions on open data day

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Sat Feb 23 17:33:46 UTC 2013

Happy Open Data Day!

I hope the hack days/hackathons are going well and that you got a chance
to participate (and that you are participating).

I thought I'd grab the opportunity to send out an announcement on open
data day to the openspending dev community and introduce myself
(although some of you might already know me).

I am joining the openspending community as a the technical lead. I won't
be joining full time just yet but over the next couple of months I'll be
familiarising myself with you (the community) and try to figure out
which direction we'd like to take openspending into. Give it a thought:
What do you want to be able to do with the openspending platform (what
would you like the platform to do)? I'd like to get your input (after
all we're an open source community) and from that we can build a roadmap
with a shared goal we can all work towards :)

So a brief bio: I'm an Icelandic computer/software engineer who's
participated in the Icelandic digital freedoms scene for about a decade
and for the past few years worked for the Icelandic government on things
related to free and open source software.

Looking forward to hacking on openspending with you all,

/Tryggvi