[openspending-dev] Spending Stories Calendar

Martin Keegan martin.keegan at okfn.org
Mon Jan 14 15:26:04 UTC 2013

This is in danger of getting a bit OTT.

There are three sorts of events I'd be concerned with:

1) the predicted/promised publication of data
2) the actual publication of data after it's happened
3) non-publication events (such as conferences, the budget speech, the
fiscal year end)

The data for 1) and 3) can be crowdsourced, and involves some manual
work; the data for 2) should ideally be generated programmatically.
Luckily these are all trivially small datasets.

The comparison of 1) and 2) allows an automated scoresheet for
compliance, which would be useful to people other than just the
journalists who'd tend to care about many of the other use cases

Mk